Friday, March 12, 2010

The invisible God has appeared before me!



God, the invisible, has appeared before me!
He has appeared, and in a moment has gone out of my vision.
Over there, inside the blue sky
appeared your form like a bright light.
With tears of delight,
my eyes got inundated with your sight,
and became blur with your appearance.
I could not see your form to my heart’s content.
Have compassion on me, and appear once before me.
When attractive little Krishna became visible,
entire Brindavanam has gone into ecstasy.
On the waves of river Yamuna,
the ruler of night, the Moon, has sent a flood of smiles.
Devotee Raadha has bathed herself in that joyful moonlight
I turn myself into the divine flower Paarijaatham
by entwining myself with love.
I am aware of my limits,
and do not dream of winning your heart!
I am a mere virgin flower that grew from earthy grass.
I just place myself before your lotus feet.





This write-up is based on the song “Kanaraani Devude Kanipinchinaade …” from the Telugu movie Rangula Raatnam (1966) featuring Vanisree, Anjali Devi, Vijaya Nirmala, and Chandra Mohan. This song was written by Dasarathi and set to music by Saluri Rajeswara Rao. The song was rendered by P.Suseela. This movie was directed by B. N. Reddy. 


Readers of other languages who enjoy the melody in this Telugu film song can also have a glimpse into its meaning.