Monday, August 3, 2009

The splendour that I did not find yesterday
















The splendour that I did not find yesterday
Has awakened in me this morning, I know not why?
An unknown raaga is being played within me.
I know not why?
The strains of the string are heard within me.
I know not why?

Every tree that has flowered looks like a new bride.
I find wine oozing from every flower.
Where have all these shades of beauty hidden so far?

With white swirls in water becoming smiles,
And waterfalls reaching me inducing a great thrill,
I hear the collective symphony created by invisible and moving veenas.

With the golden border of her robe slipping a little down,
I see a young girl in the form of a cloud moving ahead.
She got enthralled with the touch of sun shine.

This piece of writing is based on the Telugu film song “Ninnaleni Andamedo…" from Pooja Phalam (1964) featuring Akkineni Nageswara Rao, Jamuna and Savithri. This song was written by Dr. C.Narayana Reddy and set to music by Saluru Rajeswara Rao. The song was rendered by Ghantasala. This movie was directed by B.N.Reddy.